I am a specialist translator and interpretor. An Australian who recently returned to my hometown of Melbourne, I have lived in Colombia for more than a decade and am fluent in the spanish language.
As well as working with women´s health in Bogotá and other social justice projects, I studied two postgraduate degrees. One was a Specialist in Translation and the other a Masters of Geography - both undertaken in Spanish language.
These studies built on my Bachelor of Science (Major in Psychology, Minor in Sociology), attained from Monash University in Melbourne. I also have a Diploma of Policy, Land and Territories from the Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Bogotá.
My passions are human rights, environmental conservation and gender equality.
- Translation and Interpretation - English to Spanish, Spanish to English
- Editing and proofreading (English and Spanish)
- Project management
- Community engagement
- Campaign development and coordination
- Environmental awareness raising and education
I have worked as a freelance translator and interpreter (English/Spanish) for over 13 years. My education and passions serve as a foundation for my specialist translation fields:
- environmental science
- human rights
- environmental justice.
My clients have included:
- International Organization for Migration
- UN Mine Action Service
- Women's International League for Peace and Freedom
- Health and Human Rights Info
- The Climate Institute (Australia)
- World Health Organization
- Norwegian Refugee Council
- International Action for Peace
- Save The Children
- Forum of Women and Development
- UN Global Compact - Cities Programme
- Friends of the Earth
- Colombian Coffee Growers Federation
- amongst many others....
I have also worked as a:
- Campaign Coordinator for the Australian Conservation Foundation
- Community Campaigner for the Widerness Society of Australia
- Project Campaigner for Friends of the Earth Australia.