I am a business analyst and communication manager. I have over 15 years experience supporting businesses and organisations to enhance how they do business and implement improvements to meet changing needs and environments.
I have worked in the finance, biotech, government (national and regional), conservation, fashion and University sectors.
An Aussie, originally from warm Western Australia, I have recently made the chilly but beautiful city of Dunedin in New Zealand my home.
I enjoy working in dynamic environments and my key skills are business analytics, the development of systems, problem solving, stakeholder management, communication, user experience design and web and document design.
My big driver is fairness, I believe all should have equal opportunity.
And I am big on process improvement and aesthetics - I really like beauty, balance, efficiency and order.
I am highly organised, agile, solutions-focused and results-driven. I also enjoying sharing knowledge and am adept at guiding others in the use of new systems, platforms and practices. This strengthens business performance, and individual, team and organisation outcomes.
My key skills include:
- Process Improvement
- Change Management
- Project Management
- Business Analytics and Research
- Coaching in business practice and planning
- Relationship building and partnership management
- Workshop facilitation and event management
- Desktop publishing and editing - design competence in all programs within the Adobe Creative Suite
- Database and CRM experience across many platforms, including:
- MS Project
I am also creative, I started my career as a designing jeweller.
Business Analyst/Change Manager
Otago Regional Council (New Zealand)
Regional Integrated Ticketing System (RITS) Operations
The Regional Integrated Ticketing System (RITS) Project is a public transport initiative being undertaken by nine Councils across New Zealand to implement a singular smart card for public travel across the regions. My role established operations and managed the change process in the implementation of this new system.
- Process development and adaption including Operations Manual
- Stakeholder management
- Supplier management
- Building a communication platform for the five consortium councils (SharePoint)
- Communication management
- Coordination and facilitation of workshops and planning sessions
- Definition and trial of all tools, digital and other
- Development of transition plan for all councils
- Analysis, investigation and escalation of operational issues
- Contract management and vendor support.
Otago Regional Council, RITS Project
- Developing a conducive and cohesive work framework for the consortiium
- Creating a collaborative environment to build on project achievements
- Driving change management and project delivery
- Collation of data from councils and the suppliers
- Preparation of project financial reports and supporting development of project budgets
- Negotiating contracts for new supply chains across the consortium
- Management of project schedule including action registers
- Meeting coordination
- Workshop/events management.
Desktop Publisher (Freelance)
United Nations Global Compact - Cities Programme
The UN Global Compact Cities Programme works with cities, regions and partners to progress social equity and justice, environmental sustainability and good governance in the urban environment.
For three years I produced flagship publications and key reports for the Cities Programme. These were distributed globally (see examples below).
Operations and HR Coordinator
Nexvet Biopharma Pty Ltd (Melbourne, Australia)
Nexvet (now acquired by Zoetis) was an innovative biotech company specialising in species specific drug treatments for pets and was the first Australian biotech company to successfully list on the US NASDAQ Stock Exchange.
- Implementation of new document management and IT system change (corporate operations)
- Establishment of on-line web portal (Executive Board)
- Development of an on-line HRIS to meet the needs of this expanding global business with staff located in four different countries
- Recruitment process coordination
- Employee life cycle administration
- Creation of high-level presentations for executive management
- Creation of reports to engage international investors and major banks
- Managing creation of NASDAQ compliant prospectus document and financial reports.
Document Formatting and Design Manager
KordaMentha (Melbourne, Australia)
KordaMentha is a professional services firm that provides restructuring, real estate and forensic accounting services.
I managed the day-to-day activities of five staff members (across two locations) responsible for creating high level client documents, reports and company marketing material nationally.
- Implemention of a job tracking system to provide monthly statistics on the team’s productivity
- Development of training material and coordination of training/information sessions for all staff
- Formatting high level complex documents and presentations using both Microsoft Office and
Adobe Creative Suite applications
- Ensuring compliance with company standards and business writing guidelines
- Conducting performance reviews, leave management, and identifying ongoing training requirements.
Global Cities Research Institute, RMIT University (Melbourne, Australia)
The Global Cities Research Institute brought together a multidisciplinary team of leading researchers focused on the complexity of globalisation.
The Institute's focus areas included climate change adaptation, sustainability and disaster management, housing, culture and poverty.
- Production of flagship publications and marketing material.
- Redevelopment of Institute website
- Relationship management - external partners, key stakeholders and academics
- Meeting coordination
- Event management - including international conference.